[GRASS-dev] TGRASS: mapset management question

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Sep 12 12:28:23 PDT 2015

Hi again,

I am trying to understand if there is a way to use a TGIS DB from
another mapset in the same location.
(yes I am aware of the original PERMANENT-takes-it-all implementation
but that was against the file handling architecture of the rest of
GRASS GIS)

Rationale: I have a mapset with 20k maps of actual MODIS LST data,
each map comes with 415 million pixels (5.2TB at time).

>From that I derive daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal averages, GDD,
Winkler, BEDD, etc. etc. Each of these averages or index (covering 15
years) goes into its own mapset for practical reasons (mapset size,
amount of maps). Altogether at time more than 18TB.

So it would be ideal to read the master TGIS DB in the next new mapset.

I tried to solve that by a link but this failed. Is there a way to do
that? Essentially it would be e.g.

t.info my_tgis at the_other_mapset

thanks
Markus