[GRASS-dev] Some wxPython 3 issues

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:13:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> - wxpython3_textfield_bug.jpg: this is in the bulk raster import, the
> change of name during import is not readable (the text field is of one
> pixel height, see red ellipsis in the screenshot

What do you think is the "actual text". I see the names there, they are
perhaps wrong (split by first dot) but they are there (in your screenshot).
The marked thing looks like some rendering glitch.

> - the selector button is not much readable in the map layer manager as
> well as some other places (red indication in screenshot) but there is
> a nice tick box in the same bulk raster import dialog which might be
> used everywhere (green indication). This would help a lot.

The difference is caused by simple native versus some advanced rendering.
As with many other bugs you've reported earlier, the only way I see is to
look to wxPython demo application which contains all possible widgets and
see if the issue is there as well and if it is, report this on
wxWidgets/wxPython bug tracker. From what I see now, my guess would be that
GRASS GIS has nothing to do with (or about) most of the issues you are
getting.