[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2749: Integrate 'Change mapset' dialog in manager toolbar

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 06:53:14 PDT 2015

On 18-09-15 14:47, GRASS GIS wrote:
> #2749: Integrate 'Change mapset' dialog in manager toolbar
> --------------------------+---------------------------------------------
>    Reporter:  mwortmann    |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
>        Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
>   Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  unspecified
> Resolution:               |   Keywords:  mapset, toolbars, layer manager
>         CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
> --------------------------+---------------------------------------------
>
> Comment (by annakrat):
>
>   Replying to [ticket:2749 mwortmann]:
>   > Wouldn't the simple (Settings > GRASS working environment > ) Change
>   mapset dialog be a lot more useful in the Layer Manager toolbar? I'm not
>   sure how many people are actually using the dialog, but I'm sure most use
>   the commandline to do this simple change. I
>
>   I use the dialog quite often when I don't remember the mapset names.
+1 I use it a lot as well

>   >always thought typing 'g.mapset xyz' (plus maybe g.mapset -l) or going to
>   the dialog, seems too much for such a simple thing. The simple dropdown
>   without the Ok button would be quick and easy. Plus it could show the
>   current mapset which is somewhat missing in the Layer Manager.
>
>   I mostly agree but I am not sure where to put it, there is already a lot
>   of things in the toolbar, so we would have to start a new row of toolbars?
>   Maybe the data catalog tab would be an option?
I think the number of buttons is fairly limited, one more wouldn't be a
problem i.m.h.o. But a context menu when right clicking on a map set in
the data catalog, with the option to change to that map set may even be
better,

>   BTW, on Ubuntu, you can type Alt and then 'Change ...' and launch the
>   dialog in this way, too.
I totally forgot about that, thanks for the reminder :-)