[GRASS-dev] TGRASS: best practice management of aggregated data

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Sep 27 05:11:19 PDT 2015

Hi,

while processing MODIS LST time series, I came across some questions
concerning best practice:

Say, I'm aggregating from daily temperature  data a set of weekly
min/max/avg maps. So the best pracise is about

- using a reasonable name for the output strds
- using reasonable map names (alias "basename" in t.*)

They should be long-term understandable (with too cryptic names you
will have troubles even a few weeks later) but also parsable (think
"pattern" of g.list).

So, in my case I would call the output strds e.g. "lst_aggreg_modis_weekly".
I would use as "basename" something like "lst_${year}_avg_min_week",
"lst_${year}_avg_avg_week", "lst_${year}_avg_max_week".
(better ideas?)

But: do I put these three sets into a single strds or into three separate ones?

thanks
Markus