[GRASS-dev] TGRASS: best practice management of aggregated data

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Sep 27 05:58:08 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you noticed the -s flag in t.rast.aggregate? It adds date to file names
> according to granularity of aggregation. I've discovered it recently and it
> is very useful for me.

Oh, I didn't. Can you please post an example for the resulting map name(s)?
Then I add that to the manual.

(each run takes me half a day, so I would like to know what -s
produces before using it right away :-).

>> But: do I put these three sets into a single strds or into three separate
>> ones?
>
> If you use t.rast.aggregate and different methods, you get different strds.
> IMHO, this is best practice, since you can aggregate them to other
> granularities without having to select maps by method inside them. Does that
> make sense?

Yes! To be added
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Temporal_data_processing#Best_practice_data_organization

thanks