[GRASS-dev] compiling grass on HPC

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:19:42 PDT 2016

Hi devs,

I'm trying to compile grass on a HPC [0], but I have a problem during configure.
I compiled and installed geos, proj and gdal in my HOME directory and
now during compilation I got the following error

./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-gdal=$HOME/bin/gdal-config
--with-proj-share=$HOME/share/proj/
--with-proj-includes=$HOME/include/

checking for location of zlib library...
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking for location of External PROJ.4 includes...
/pico/home/usertrain/a08tra27/include/
checking for proj_api.h... yes
checking External PROJ.4 version... 492
checking for location of External PROJ.4 library...
checking for pj_get_def in -lproj... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate External PROJ.4 library.

Probably others libraries will be missing but I will check them later

[0] http://www.hpc.cineca.it/hardware/pico

--
ciao
Luca