[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2456: read CSV from GDAL data directory

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 25 13:47:13 PDT 2016

(cc Helena)

First of all, thanks to Even and Paul to shed some light on this!

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Paul Kelly
<paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
> The problem is actually even simpler (datum simply not recognised in GRASS)
> and there are two possible solutions:
>
> 1) If we want NAD83_High_Accuracy_Reference_Network to be treated as a
> completely separate datum from North_American_Datum_1983, then we add it as
> a new line in lib/gis/datum.table as per the first attached patch.
>
> 2) If we want NAD83_High_Accuracy_Reference_Network to be treated as
> equivalent to North_American_Datum_1983 (this means once the location has
> been created, 'g.proj -w' will report the datum name as
> North_American_Datum_1983), then we add two new lines to the equivalent
> pairs array in lib/proj/convert.c as per the second attached patch.
>
> I don't really feel qualified to decide which is the most desirable
> behaviour, so I'll leave that up to someone else to decide, if that's OK.

I also don't feel too qualified here :) but from a user's point of
view a change of name is confusing.

So option 1) looks better to me (i.e., " datum.table.patch") which is
tested ok here.
Maybe Helena as our NC expert has an opinion here?

Paul, still struggling with "SIRGAS2000"
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2456#comment:15
(g.proj versus testepsg output). Needs a different trick?

Markus

--
Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software