[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2456: read CSV from GDAL data directory

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 25 14:07:17 PDT 2016

I suggest to treat it as a separate datum, the coordinates would be
different although the differences are for most applications negligible.
With the sub-meter resolution data now quite common it is important to
treat it as different.
 See more info here:
http://www2.arnes.si/~gljsentvid10/datm_faq.html#1.2
https://confluence.qps.nl/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29855153
http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/faq.shtml#WhatHARN

Just to make things more complicated a committee was set up in NC to decide
how to deal with upcoming dynamic datum with more frequent updates.

Helena

--
Helena Mitasova
Professor