[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2016 - PyQt GRASS - Report 12

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 03:29:20 PDT 2016

Hi all,

here is my last week report.

Wiki page: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/PyQtGUI

A link to my commits: https://github.com/pesekon2/GRASS-Qt-based-GUI/commits

The goal of the project was to create new GUI for modules based on PyQt.
The old one is based on wxPython. The reason is that there are some bugs in
wxPython and PyQt is now much more powerfull. The second reason is that the
code of old GUI is written bad way. It's almost impossible to read what
something do and work with that. So the second goal was try to write
higher-quality code.

My project is now usable.
It's interface is mostly based on the old one to avoid the need for
studying new approach (the code isn't), but some widgets were changed due
to my and my mentor's opinion. For example we use spinbox for int widgets
or there is completely new widget for choosing quiet/normal/verbose module
output.

What have been done is visible in github repository. Screenshots of widgets
and other stuff is at wikipage.