[GRASS-dev] G6 manual pages: text box added to make users aware of G7

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 02:50:19 PDT 2016

On 18-08-16 10:22, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> still our (Google) ranking of the G7 manual is fairly bad (ideas
> welcome how to fix that).
I am not a developer, just something I wondered; why not having one
permanent address for the manual, which always reflects the latest
stable release, and if needed, from there add links to older versions?
Obviously not a solution for now, but this would lead, in the future, to
more stable and permanent rankings for the most up-to-date version.
> For the time being I have added a HTML injection to the cronjob which
> creates the G6 manual pages.
>
> Each page now contains a box, pointing the user to G7.
Very helpful