[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] Results of GRASS-GIS' PSC-2016 Election

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 31 01:19:21 PDT 2016

Dear all,

first of all, many thanks to Nikos Alexandris for running these
elections as the CRO!
And thanks to all who voted, expressing their interest in this topic.

While it was a slightly bumpy ride to bootstrap the procedure, but it
eventually worked fine. Further improvements may be implemented by the
new PSC including formalizing it in a RFC.
The list of eligible voters we may add to the SVN, also cleaning up
the existing contributors*.csv tables.

Concerning the result, I would like to thank for the expression of
confidence :-)

I propose that the new PSC will assign some roles to either PSC
members or to community members to better structure the things to be
done. At least, to have some responsible task managers (for
translations, CMS, Wiki, funding, markting,Travis-CI, etc, see list
here: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Agenda).

Of course also the pool of core developers might be enlarged - as well
a PSC decision.

@CRO:
- please post a summary of the voting to the announce list (you are
whitelisted to be able to post there)
- let's update the CSV files in SVN
- and: your upcoming wiki summaries will be of great value for the
next elections!

Best,
Markus

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> Dear GRASS GIS community,
>
> the new Project Steering Committee is composed by the following nine
> members:
>
> 1  Markus Neteler    62
> 2  Helena Mitasova   53
> 3  Martin Landa      52
> 4  Anna Petrasova    45
> 5  Moritz Lennert    41
> 6  Margherita Di Leo 39
> 7  Michael Barton    35
> 8  Peter Löwe        33
> 9  Vaclav Petras     31
>
> Congratulations!
>

> A warm Thank You for their candidacy, and dedication to the project, goes
> to:
>
> -  Helmut Kurdnovsky 30
> -  Yann Chemin       29
> -  Veronica Andreo   28
> -  Micha Silver      20
>

> To keep track and for the sake of completeness, all relevant
> communications will be published in one wiki-page (in trac).
[...]