[GRASS-dev] i.segment gives different results in G72 and G73

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:56:15 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> > It's very technical and explains differences between versions. I am not
sure
> > if this should go into the user manual. The concept of region growing
is the
> > same.
>
> probably could be useful at least to explain that different version of
> GRASS can give different results... Ma

Different GRASS versions can give different results for some modules
because of bug fixing and/or improvements. The explanation why the results
of the same module might differ between GRASS versions is that these are
different GRASS versions. We could add this information on the wiki to new
or changed features in trunk.

Markus M