[GRASS-dev] t.rast.out.xyz not exporting all cells in the computational region

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:10:21 PST 2016

Hi,

> > I have submitted a new -i flag to include no data values (r70017).
> > This can be used for  t.rast.out.xyz and backported for 7.2.1.

IMHO, if we wait to backport this new flag in r.out.xyz until 7.2.1, then
t.rast.out.xyz could only be modified after that and this might happen in
~3-4 months from now according to a previous email from Martin. What I mean
is that the original problem that was regarding exporting time series
containing NULL values with t.rast.out.xyz, is then not solved, but
postponed some months. Otherwise, we would have an add-on (t.rast.out.xyz)
with features that only works along with trunk and that is not desirable,
right?

Sorry if I create more noise here, honestly, I am not aware of the
drawbacks of backporting right away :-(

best,
Vero