[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] GRASS 7.2 install and Peals.A!cl

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 7 01:15:24 PST 2016

On 06/12/16 23:42, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> I downloaded GRASS 7.2 and installed. The download came from this link:
>> https://grass.osgeo.org/news/65/15/GRASS-GIS-7-2-0RC2-released/
>>
>> As GRASS was installing, Microsoft Security Essentials said that it detected
>> a trojan called Peals.A!cl. This trojan was found in GRASS GIS
>> 7.2.0RC2\bin\v.in.dxf.exe, ...\v.net.iso.exe, and ... \v.out.dxf.exe. Can
>
> ah, these Windows. I tested binaries on build server with Esset
> Endpoint Antivirus and nothing is found. So I hope it's mistake of
> MSE...
>
>> anyone confirm if this is a legitimate threat or was M.S.E. just acting
>> buggy? Is there an MD5 or something to check the file?

On [1] I see:

"NOTE: On December 6, 2016, an incorrect detection for our cloud-based
protection for Trojan:Win32/Peals.A!cl was identified and immediately
fixed. To ensure that this issue is remediated, you can do a forced
daily update to download your Microsoft antimalware and antispyware
software. For details, see Updating your Microsoft antimalware and
antispyware software."

John, could you try to update and then check again ?

Moritz

[1]
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Trojan%3AWin32%2FPeals.A!plock&ThreatID=-2147276824