[GRASS-dev] Oddity with GRASS 7.2 RC2 on Fedora 25/Gnome

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Dec 8 09:32:59 PST 2016

With both Wayland and Xorg on the Gnome desktop, displaying elevation @
nc_basic leads to high CPU usage and temperatures > 90C (also -text). This
is on a fully updated laptop (Fedora 25 Workstation), GRASS 7.2RC2 built
from source. A typical message under Wayland was:

(wxgui.py:27009): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkcursor-wayland.c:170: Unable to load
sizing from the cursor theme

(there were others), but I don't know whether the issue is F25, Gnome,
Wayland, python, or wxgui. The high CPU usage is python. Of course, it
could be hardware, but I typically only see very high temperatures when
computing continuously on both cores. Here nothing else (possibly except
net polling) was being done, and the temperature was hitting the roof (on
a flight, so not funny).

For now, I have to avoid using the display.

This is probably idiosyncratic, but maybe someone else notices something
similar.

Best wishes,

Roger

--