[GRASS-dev] i.superpixels.slic ( was: #3142 Implementing SLIC image segmentation)

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:17:12 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 20/12/16 10:04, Markus Metz wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the implementation! Since this is work in progress, the
>> module could be moved from grass-addons to sandbox until the name and
>> options are fixed?
>

> I had suggested addons since this allows Windows users who do not have
the compilation chain installed to install it via g.extension for testing,
as addons are automatically compiled for Windows.

I think the module is automatically compiled only if it is added to
grass-addons/grass7/imagery/Makefile which it is not yet.

> But we can move it to sandbox if you think it is better, and teach the
windows users how to install the necessary tools for compilation...

OK, leave it where it is. Testing can begin once the module produces output
with superpixel (region) IDs for each pixel.

Markus M