[GRASS-dev] 3D vector display apparently not working on OS X – Grass 7.2

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Dec 29 01:24:48 PST 2016

Folks,

I’ve been trying to use Grass 7.2 on my OS X (10.12) machine to display simple 3D vector data on a DEM. No dice. I use a 2D dataset, either extruded to 3D by the v.extrude function, either loaded into PostGIS and extruded by the ST_Extrude function, then imported into Grass.

The 3D vector in the 3Dview does show up, but it’s a mess: seems like every feature is subject to z-fighting, with part of them being white, part black, and the whole set looks like a shoal of randomly scattered floating black shards (not sharks, eh ;)) over the DEM.

I can’t figure out what’s wrong in the way I create the 3D data. Does anyone out there have any idea of what could possibly have gone wrong? Do I have to check wxPython? Something else?

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Vincent