[GRASS-dev] C++ and libLAS modules broken in 7.0.3 in winGRASS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 07:50:52 PST 2016

Hi,

the MS Windows builds of 7.0.3 seem incomplete. r.viewshed and r.terraflow
(C++ modules) don't work in 32 and 64bit versions and r.in.lidar and
v.in.lidar (depend on libLAS) don't work in the 64bit version.

Probably depending on the Windows version you get some error dialogs and
traceback in GUI Console and the message is "No such file or directory"
(sometimes program crash is mentioned but is seems that that's just a
incorrect message).

System info and original reports attached. Let me know if I should create
tickets.

Vaclav

About system 64bit:

GRASS version: 7.0.3

GRASS SVN Revision: 67691

Build Date: 2016-01-28

Build Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32

GDAL/OGR: 1.11.3

PROJ.4: 4.9.2

GEOS: 3.5.0

SQLite: 3.7.17

Python: 2.7.5

wxPython: 2.8.12.1

Platform: Windows-8-6.2.9200

About system 32bit:

GRASS version: 7.0.3

GRASS SVN Revision: 67691

Build Date: 2016-01-28

Build Platform: i386-w64-mingw32

GDAL/OGR: 1.11.3

PROJ.4: 4.9.2

GEOS: 3.5.0

SQLite: 3.7.17

Python: 2.7.4

wxPython: 2.8.12.1

Platform: Windows-8-6.2.9200

[GRASS-user] Error running r.viewshed in GRASS 7.0.3 on Windows 7
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2016-February/073678.html

[GIS SE] Cannot open r.viewshed on Grass 7
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/179575/cannot-open-r-viewshed-on-grass-7

[GIS SE] GRASS GIS 7.0.3 r.in.lidar problem on Windows 10
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/179512/grass-gis-7-0-3-r-in-lidar-problem-on-windows-10