[GRASS-dev] r.fill.dir segfaults on large maps.

Isaac Ullah isaac.ullah at asu.edu
Thu Feb 11 15:53:17 PST 2016

Hmmm... I restarted GRASS and I can no longer replicate the problem. It was
a very specific cut-off at 150 million cells though. I guess it's a
non-issue since it works now. I monitored the memory usage, and even at 400
million cells, it was only using 52 MB. Strange why it was breaking before!
Thanks for your help though.

~Isaac

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Isaac Ullah <isaac.ullah at asu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>    I'm using r.fill.dir on a very large landscape, and noticed that it
>> will segfault if the number of cells is > 150,000,000. Is this a known
>> limitation of r.fill.dir, or a bug? Happy to report the bug if so. I'm
>> using latest nightly of GRASS 7 on Ubuntu 14.04.
>>

> Might be a memory issue. If you don't have enough memory, it would give
> you an error that it can't allocate. Is this perhaps the case? If not, then
> it's probably a bug.
>
> Anna
>

>> --
>> Isaac I Ullah, Ph.D.
>>
>> Arizona State University
>> School of Human Evolution and Social Change
>> PO Box 2402
>> Tempe, AZ 85287-2402
>> (480) 727-1054 office
>> (650) 201-0479 cell