[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2916: configure bug (?): FORTIFY_SOURCE in CPPFLAGS breaks configure on Arch Linux

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 13 10:49:55 PST 2016

#2916: configure bug (?): FORTIFY_SOURCE in CPPFLAGS breaks configure on Arch
Linux
-----------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  msieczka   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Platform:  Linux      |
-----------------------+-------------------------
 Arch Linux build system by default sets CPPFLAGS="-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2".

 If I unset FORTIFY_SOURCE, configure and make passes. But when it's set,
 configure in GRASS 6 and 7 fails.

 I'm attaching config.log-fail (FORTIFY_SOURCE is set) and config.log-pass
 (FORTIFY_SOURCE is NOT set) for GRASS 7.0.3. The suspicious bits config
 .log-fail seem to be:

 {{{
 /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:30:3: error: #error "You need a ISO C conforming
 compiler to use the glibc headers"
 gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-nologo'
 }}}

 gcc 5.3.0, make 4.1, autoconf 2.69

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2916>