[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2898: GUI improvments for long list of mapsets or long mapset names (Location / Mapset selection)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 15 00:24:12 PST 2016

#2898: GUI improvments for long list of mapsets or long mapset names (Location /
Mapset selection)
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  sbl          |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  unspecified
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  All
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by sbl):

 > You can already stretch the window horizontally and the boxes stretch as
 well. This behavior seems good enough for me.

 Yes, this seems to be no issue on a high resolution screen. On a low
 resolution screen (remote desktop window (VNC)) it was impossible to
 distinguish the mapsets with relatively long names / prefixes. I
 understand that this is probably too much of an edge case and with a high
 bandwidth I can likly get around this by requesting a connection with a
 higher resolution. So, sorry for not double checking on a local
 installation...

 As for the filtering part: The inaccessible mapsets are already greyed
 out. Those where I am not the owner cannot even be selected. In locations
 with many mapsets (from different users) it would make the mapset
 selection more convenient (and probably lead to less confusion among less
 experienced users) if esp. the mapsets from other users, could be filtered
 from the list...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2898#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>