[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2916: configure bug (?): FORTIFY_SOURCE in CPPFLAGS breaks configure on Arch Linux

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 16 03:53:52 PST 2016

#2916: configure bug (?): FORTIFY_SOURCE in CPPFLAGS breaks configure on Arch
Linux
------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  msieczka   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Component:  Compiling  |    Version:  7.0.3
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
       CPU:  All        |   Platform:  Linux
------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by msieczka):

 Replying to [comment:2 neteler]:

 > You would need to use autoconf-2.13 if you want to regenerate the
 configure script. But I guess you don't do that anyway.

 I have regenerated the configure script with autoconf-2.13 now. No
 improvement: configure still fails when CPPFLAGS="-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" is
 set, and the resulting config.log is pretty much identical to the attached
 config.log-fail​.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2916#comment:4>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>