[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2914: i.segment.hierarchical: the outputs_prefix option should not require formatting string

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 19 07:52:14 PST 2016

#2914: i.segment.hierarchical: the outputs_prefix option should not require
formatting string
  Reporter:  mlennert    |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
 Component:  Addons      |    Version:  unspecified
Resolution:              |   Keywords:  i.segment.hierarchical output
       CPU:              |  prefix
  Unspecified            |   Platform:  Unspecified

Comment (by zarch):

 Replying to [ticket:2914 mlennert]:
 > In i.segment.hierarchical, the outputs_prefix is defined as
 >

 > {{{
 > outputs_prefix=string
 >     Name for output raster maps from segment
 >     Default: seg__%.2f
 > }}}
 >
 > The way this parameter is used in the code, it requires a formatting
 string as present in the default. However, this is not clearly documented
 (except implicitly through the default value), and IMHO shouldn't be
 required. The formatting information should be added in the code, not by
 the user as is usual custom in GRASS modules.

 Formatting strings are much more flexible but I agree that it is unusual,
 so please apply your changes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2914#comment:1>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>