[GRASS-dev] r.bioclim output integer maps

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 22 00:35:22 PST 2016

Hi,

That might be a reasons to think about a general, unified option regarding integer, floating point or double output.
Markus`s solution in r.bioclim could be very useful in other modules too. Esp. those that produce a lot of data and default to double. Here I think e.g. about r.sun which can produce a lot of layers, where the digits often are insignificant. I know such an option is not especially easy to implement and would require quite some changes.

However, maybe it is worth it to think in that direction e.g. for GRASS 8?

Kind regards,
Stefan