[GRASS-dev] R and GRASS integration

Steven Pawley dr.stevenpawley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:14:46 PST 2016

Thank you Moritz,

Yes I have also had difficulties with Rpy2 apart from on Linux. Also, Rpy2 is quite onerous in terms of effort required to integrate R scripts into Python. Your solution certainly works,  but as you mentioned it makes the R script harder to maintain. PypeR is another alternative and is straightforward to install and is simpler from a user perspective.

I would also be interested in hearing opinions from 'true' developers who have much greater expertise than myself in this area.

Kind regards,

Steve