[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2660: r.external / r.external.out: support paths relative to the mapset, and variables

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 7 10:06:28 PST 2016

#2660: r.external / r.external.out: support paths relative to the mapset, and
variables
--------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  sbl          |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Raster       |    Version:  svn-releasebranch70
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  r.external.out
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+---------------------------------

Comment (by glynn):

 Replying to [comment:7 sbl]:

 > Let`s say my GRASS DB is /grassdata/LOCATION/MAPSET and my external data
 is on /raw_data/...
 > The Windows equivalent is R:\grassdata\LOCATION\MAPSET and
 R:\raw_data\... (let`s assume storage areas are mounted equally on Windows
 and Linux (meaning in particular Windows`s drive letters do not change).

 The specific case where both the database and GDAL files are on the same
 filesystem probably isn't all that common. It's more likely that the two
 will move relative to each other. E.g the database in a fixed location on
 an internal disk or network share, the GDAL files on an external drive or
 a different network share.

 IMHO, any fix needs to be more general.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2660#comment:9>