[GRASS-dev] release plan for 7.0.3

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Jan 11 01:44:53 PST 2016

On 10/01/16 20:39, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> 1) this weekend soft freeze starts
>> 2) before the end of the year: hard freeze + RC1
>> 3) around January 10: RC2
>> 4) around January 14: 7.0.3
>
> I would like to open discussion about releasing RC2 in the next few
> days. Is there any blockers (at least trac shows none)? Note that
> final release should come not longer that one week after RC2. Martin

Looking at critical bugs:

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/335

Is anyone looking at this ? Does anyone find this important ? Should it
maybe be downgraded ?

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1242

I've downgraded this as I don't find this critical.

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1662

no idea

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2252

Is there any SQL expert out there who could see if malicious use if
possible ? If not, it seems to me more of a question of error handling,
if yes, this definitely needs to be solved.

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2300

Has anyone tested the patch in trunk a bit ? I think this would be good
to have in 7.0.3 if possible.

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2349

Is this stable enough for 7.0.x ? And is this really 'critical' ?

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2531

I agree that v.parallel is basic functionality which should "just work",
so in that sens this bug should be fixed. Does anyone have any pointers
of where to look based on the initial assessment ?

- https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2814

Noone except for the OP has been able to reproduce this at this stage.

Personally, I think that #2300 could probably be backported. I don't see
how this can create any serious issues, but then again, that's probably
just my lack of imagination ;-)

If possible, I think that #2252 and #2351 would also be great to have fixed.

Moritz