[GRASS-dev] problem installing wx.metadata from g.extension

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:31:51 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> > thanks for update wiki page, I have updated (r67551) dependency file for
> > checking dependency before installation.
>
> it would be nice to reduce number of dependencies for compiling to the
> minimum. It's the reason why this extension is not available for
> Windows [1]. Most of dependencies are need for running the tool but
> for compiling. Now they are checked before compiling which should be
> changed in the future.

In addition, the wx.metadata includes several distinct (imho) tools, most
notably g.gui.metadata and g.gui.cswbrowser. This means, I think, that if I
am interested in the first, I still need to make sure to have all the
dependencies of the latter. If that is true (and I am not sure), would it
be possible to make it separate installs?