[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1672: gcpmanager fails to list source mapsets if non-ascii characters in grass data dir path

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 29 01:09:16 PST 2016

#1672: gcpmanager fails to list source mapsets if non-ascii characters in grass
data dir path
---------------------+----------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  hamish  |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI   |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:          |   Keywords:  georectifier, UnicodeDecodeError
       CPU:  x86-64  |   Platform:  Linux
---------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment (by mlennert):

 Replying to [comment:9 mlennert]:
 > Replying to [comment:8 neteler]:
 > > Replying to [comment:3 sebastic]:
 > > > As reported in [https://bugs.debian.org/676190 Debian Bug #676190],
 this issue is still present in GRASS 7.0.1. When non-ascii characters are
 in the grass data path, the 'Select source mapset:' dropdown is populated
 with empty options. When no non-ascii characters are the path the dropdown
 is populated with the expected mapsets.

 > > Anybody able to identify the change we need to backport?
 >
 > r65787 ? It adds encoding and decoding to the parse_key_val which is
 used in gisenv().

 Yes, by merging r65787 the bug seems to be fixed.

 > I'm still too confused by encoding handling in Python to be able to say
 whether this is the "right" solution to the problem, though.

 Could some of the wxgui gurus look at this to see if this can just be
 backported or if another solution would be better ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1672#comment:10>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>