[GRASS-dev] t.list window duplicates when clicking 'run'

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:35:57 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Paulo van Breugel <p.vanbreugel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Open t.list window, and without changing any of the default settings,
> clicking on 'run' will open another instance of the t.list window.

The rule is when there are no parameters, open module GUI. This doesn't
make sense for modules which require no parameters.

However, as far as I can remember, this was already discussed and the GUI
or parser were not fixed at the end because the conclusion was that the
modules actually have wrong interface and their interface was changed. The
issue is that the main parameter type is the only one required but it has a
default value.

For t.list type the default is strds. This might be currently the most used
one but I don't know if it is strong enough argument. Also, it is
inconsistent with g.list.

This relates to the fact that you can't start g.list GUI from the command
line without arguments, you have to provide --ui which, again, is
inconsistent with most of the other modules.

The same issue happens also with g.region. Its GUI starts from the command
line without --ui, but hitting run from GUI gives a new dialog. I assume
that it is G_option_required which makes it work without --ui.