[GRASS-dev] Planning of GRASS GIS 6.4.6 release

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jul 5 07:46:19 PDT 2016

Hi devs,

since GRASS GIS is a truly long term project (remember its 33rd
"birthday" on July 29th!) we need to get out version 6.4.6. See also
the
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/roadmap

A few relevant fixes got accumulated in the 6.4 release branch, so
time to publish a new minor release.

Following our proposed
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure
the release procedure would be:

Step 1 - Proposal of release: Done.

Step 2 (day X) - Soft freeze of release branch: suggestion 6 July 2016 :-)

Step 3 (X+30 days) - Hard freeze & RC1:
  [important at least for the winGRASS package]

... etc according to RFC4.

Coordination is done here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass6Planning

To collect the changes I have started a News page at:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/6.4.6-News

Suggestion: if nobody has complex submissions to be done, we may even
shorten step 2 to less than 30 days.

Best,
Markus

--