[GRASS-dev] Addons: Python error when checking if package is installed - r.randomforest

Steven Pawley dr.stevenpawley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 07:56:32 PDT 2016

Thank you Markus and Vaclav for all of the suggestions and I’m glad that it appears to be working now.

Unfortunately I did not think far enough ahead when I named ‘r.randomforest’. Once I have a relatively stable template for the machine learning classification/regression, I was planning to implement some other methods in the scikit-learn toolbox that are commonly applied in the geoscientific, realm, e.g., logistic regression, svm, boosted regression trees, nearest neighbor, calling these r.scikit.randomforest, r.scikit.svn, r.scikit.nn, etc.

Alternatively I could incorporate them within the same add on so that there are several different tabs for the parameters that are associated with each method, and have a ‘classifier’ option in the required section. I’m guessing that this is the best option although its might still necessitate a name change to something like ‘r.scikit.learn’.

Steve