[GRASS-dev] [wxPython-users] 3.0.3 ?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:49:13 PDT 2016

Hi,

> Is Phoenix an option for you?
> Douglas is currently doing a lot of work on lib.plot for Phoenix.
> Maybe you should test the latest snapshot whether the fix is in already. If
> not, please comment on the pull request at
> https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/pull/117

may be, I was speaking with one colleague of mine, she mentioned that
Phoenix probably lacks PseudoDC. This would be absolute blocker for
us. We use PseudoDC for rendering data. There is also question how
much time it can take to get Phoenix into distributions like Debian. I
would vote for releasing classic as it is now as 3.0.3 at least.

> Or is Phoenix not an option?
> Then it might be the best to take the classic version, apply the patch and
> build it yourself.

Hm, we are trying to support wide range of platforms. It's impossible
for us to build every dependency on our own, sorry. We must relay on
official packages.

> I'm not aware of plans for a new build.

That's VERY VERY bad news for us :-(

Martin