[GRASS-dev] [wxPython-users] 3.0.3 ?

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Thu Jul 14 22:54:28 PDT 2016

W dniu 14.07.2016 o 20:49, Martin Landa pisze:
>> Is Phoenix an option for you?
>> Douglas is currently doing a lot of work on lib.plot for Phoenix.
>> Maybe you should test the latest snapshot whether the fix is in already. If
>> not, please comment on the pull request at
>> https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/pull/117
>
> may be, I was speaking with one colleague of mine, she mentioned that
> Phoenix probably lacks PseudoDC. This would be absolute blocker for
> us. We use PseudoDC for rendering data. There is also question how
> much time it can take to get Phoenix into distributions like Debian. I
> would vote for releasing classic as it is now as 3.0.3 at least.
>
>> Or is Phoenix not an option?
>> Then it might be the best to take the classic version, apply the patch and
>> build it yourself.
>
> Hm, we are trying to support wide range of platforms. It's impossible
> for us to build every dependency on our own, sorry. We must relay on
> official packages.
>
>> I'm not aware of plans for a new build.
>
> That's VERY VERY bad news for us :-(

I have asked a question on a related note in Trac [3], but haven't got a
reply so let me repeat it here:

Having added wxversion.select('2.8') in line 64 of
gui/wxpython/core/globalvar.py to force wxgui to pick version 2.8 I got
rid of the "Required argument 'type' (pos 2) not found" errors in
profile surface map, bivariate scatter plot and histogram of raster map
tools on my box.

I confirmed that all GRASS wxgui uses 2.8.12.1 then, rather than 3.0.2,
which is available on my system as well, with "cat /proc/<pid>/maps",
where <pid> > is the PID of the g.gui.* process.

Can't GRASS use this workaround for the time being? You may also want to
have a look at Glynn's comments in another thread from few years ago [4].

[3] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2558#comment:10
[4] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-October/071137.html

--
Maciej Sieczka