[GRASS-dev] GUI: copy command in Python or R syntax

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Jul 18 02:49:37 PDT 2016

Hei,

In the light of the ongoing GSoC projects (esp. Web-GRASS) and recent questions regarding python syntax for GRASS commands, I was wondering what you think about the idea to offer the option to copy the command from the GUI (using the "Copy"-button) in other syntax than command line (e.g. defined by a environment variable let`s say: GRASS_CMD_COPY= (shell, python, R))?

That would help novices like me to move to Python and if the Web-GIS GUI provides a jupyter interpreter, it might come in handy there too...

Cheers
Stefan