[GRASS-dev] where is GRASS looking for these dependencies?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jul 22 14:21:33 PDT 2016

Michael Barton wrote:

> Can someone familiar with the GRASS build system tell me where it is
> looking for the following items in the configure string when
> compiling?
>
> --with-x
> --with-cxx
> --with-opengl=aqua
> --with-python
> --with-opencl

--with-x is built into AC_PATH_XTRA which is a standard autoconf
macro. The others originate with a LOC_ARG_WITH macro (which is a
shallow wrapper around AC_ARG_WITH). This sets the variable with_foo
to "yes" if --with-foo is used with no argument, to "no" if
--without-foo is used, to the argument if --with-foo is used with an
argument, and to the default value (the third argument of
LOC_ARG_WITH, defaulting to "no") if --without-foo isn't used.

> Thanks. I’m trying to find out if any of these are hardwired to
> specifically look in /usr/.. for stuff.

Not by configure.in. AC_PATH_XTRA may have some hardwired defaults,
some of the other tests use pkgconf by default.