[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-PSC] Nominate Peter Lowe as PSC member

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jul 29 11:40:01 PDT 2016

Dear Massimiliano Canata,

thanks for the action.  I would like to remind that this e-mail should
be directed to the CRO first, in private.  Then I would like to ask for
confirmation from the nominee.  In this way we can keep low-traffic in
the lists and the CRO can manage better the nominations.

Kind regards,
GRASS-GIS' CRO

* Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> [2016-07-29 19:31:42 +0200]:

>Dear GRASS community,
>I'd like to nominate Peter as a candidate for the GRASS PSC election. He is
>aware and agreed to be nominated.
>
>I meet Peter long time ago and he's always been an enthusiastic meber and
>expert of GRASS and its community. Just to cite a few of his great works i
>underline Tsunami Early Warning Systems and scientific  3D printings. He's
>currently the chair of the open geoscience committee at osgeo and one
>undiscussed open source leader in the EGU community.
>
>I believe Peter can bring his experience and contributions in  technology
>standards /  best practices / codes of conduct / **recognition of merit**
>in regard to the scientific communities.
>
>MAY THE FOSS BE WITH YOU
>
>Maxi

Nikos Alexandris | Remote Sensing & Geomatics
GPG Key Fingerprint 6F9D4506F3CA28380974D31A9053534B693C4FB3