[GRASS-dev] Towards SVN - git integration

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Jun 9 02:37:04 PDT 2016

Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> writes:

> Hi devs,
>
> at time I am aware of two GRASS GIS related git instances:
>
> * https://github.com/GRASS-GIS  (used for Travis CI, in sync)
> * https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/grass/grassgis (slighly outdated)
>
> It would be nice to go towards a bidirectional SVN <--> git(hub)
> integration in order to collect easily contributions.
>
> Any suggestions how to proceed?

I know there are many who prefer svn to git, but the question is if the
main repo should migrate from svn to git.

If the decision is to have a git(hub) repo, I would suggest completely
moving to git.

I don't think one can reliably and automatically keep two repos in sync.

As it looks now, grass-ci seems to be updated automatically.

Cheers,

Rainer