[GRASS-dev] Problem georeferencing vectors with g.gui.gcp

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:10:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have a group of vectors to georeference, but can't create a group of
vectors using g.gui.gcp.
At the first menu: Select map type and location/mapset, i successfully
select vector radio button and location and mapset.
At the next menu, i have to create the group, but the menu is partly not
responsive. In the field 'select group' I can't neither write nor browse
any options. If I add vector maps to group (but i guess first i have to
name/create a group) I can pick the layers that i want to add, but they are
not added to anything, the 'next' button is grey and can't be pushed, and
in the terminal appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn/gui/wxpython/gcp/manager.py", line 529, in
OnVGroup
    dlg.MakeVGroup()
  File "/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn/gui/wxpython/gcp/manager.py", line 2262,
in MakeVGroup
    f = open(self.vgrpfile, mode='w')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/madi/grassdata/non_georef/PERMANENT/group/VREF'

If I go on create/edit group, in the field 'select existing group or enter
name of new group' I write a name, then 'select all' - 'add' opens a menu
in which i can't select 'vector' but only raster. I guess i should be able
to select vector because there is an arrow down to the raster option, but
raster is the only option i can actually select. I find it counter
intuitive since i have already made the choice in the previous menus
between raster and vectors. However, from this menu I get stuck, if i push
apply, with select all option, I get the strange message of 'no raster maps
selected'. (why raster?). In the end, I'm not able to create a group of
vector.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Tested it on grass 7.1.svn (r65171) on Fedora.

Thank you in advance
Cheers,

--
Margherita Di Leo