[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2016 - PyQt GRASS - Report 4
pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 07:07:52 PDT 2016
Here is the third report of my GSoC project - PyQt based GUI of GRASS
automatically generated from XML. For screenshots and other stuff se its
What did you get done this week?
* The Run button really runs (but still not with flags). It's still the
only button with any function. Also the code-string on the bottom of GUI
was recreated. Now it's just one (only readable) textedit. When the string
is too long, you will get the scrollbar.
* Completely retyped code in parameters.py. Now it works like Factory.
Factory is dynamically creating the list of methods classes with canHandle
method and the called class depends on the values in this method. It means
that there are not so many "ifs" and the code is better readable. And those
classes return "self" instead of method get().
* Float coords is lineedit.
* When the string has values, it's editable combobox with implemented
* Nearly last thing: I implemented the TreeComboBox for inouts/outputs.
Both raster and vector. It works very similarly to the one in old GUI.
Mapset is parent and then you have many children to choose. It's in
gselect.py and in parameters.py is just the class inheriting it from
gselect with added canHandle method. It's much readable for anyone than
just directing program elsewhere. Now you can also choose the mapset; this
possibility will be banned in next coding.
* For not implemented thing I use lineedit (because You can write there
anything manually). Now I highlight it with red colour and word TODO in
GUI. It's just for me and will not be in the real version.
What do you plan on doing next week?
* I'm sorry but at June the 27th, I have my final exams for bachelor at
school so I won't be able to do anything related to GSoC in next week (I
really have to learn something before exams). I have done everything in my
timeline for next week so I hope it's okay. I will of course answer to
mails and such thing, I mean I will not be able to code anything. Thanks.
Thank you and have a sunny weekend!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the grass-dev