[GRASS-dev] [SoC]Week-4 WebGrass

Mayank Agrawal mayankagrawal333 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:32:08 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am student working on the WebGrass project for this GSoC. I was making
the dialog boxes of different modules in grass. While doing this, I come
across a problem. I am using the xml files of these modules using command (
x.module --interface-description).  When a dialog box opens, there are many
options. For example, for the v.buffer (v.buffer --interface-description),
there is option for "input vector map" and "output vector map" (screenshot
<https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/12744703/16241571/e05a7402-380b-11e6-9701-9c211da3ebc3.png>).
When you see the xml
<https://gist.github.com/mayank33/5dccaa844787abee280c0291a1561ed2>, then
you will notice "input vector map" is under label
<https://gist.github.com/mayank33/5dccaa844787abee280c0291a1561ed2#file-buffer-xml-L12>
tag
and "output vector map" is under description
<https://gist.github.com/mayank33/5dccaa844787abee280c0291a1561ed2#file-buffer-xml-L95>
tag.
Though both are shown at same place in dialog box. Same thing is done at
many places in different modules. I want to know whether it is on purpose
or some kind of error as this makes the parsing of xml for generation of
dialog box, a little bit tricky. At some places, description tag is used
and somewhere label tag is used. Also any help in this regard(parsing) will
be highly appreciated.

Mayank Agrawal
Lab for Spatial Informatics
IIIT Hyderabad