[GRASS-dev] r.rgb: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting VARNAME or NAME or STRING

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:50:26 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Markus Metz
> <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there any reason why this should not work? According to the manual
> > it should work.
> >
> > If neither red or green or blue are given, r.rgb could use
> > red=${input}.r
> > green=${input}.g
> > blue=${input}.b
>
> Yes, this would exactly be the user's expectation (at least mine as a
> user) who has even read the manual :)

I though you expected that the names are not generated inside the module
since you changed the manual according to my commit (r68072) and backported
both commits.

I like the current state. Perhaps not so convenient when advanced users
work in the command line but in all other cases it requires you to be
explicit, thus better for beginners (who don't have to guess the new name)
and the GUI (wxGUI can automatically show the new maps only when they are
specified in the command line).

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/68108
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/68077