[GRASS-dev] Interest in GSoC 2016

Ondra.Lobo at seznam.cz Ondra.Lobo at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 25 12:01:04 PDT 2016

Hi,

firstly, thanks for your interest.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:12 AM, massimo di stefano <massimodisasha na gmail.
com> wrote:"

can you please explain us your approach to develop a Qt based map canvas?

While the development of a window for each module is pretty straightforward

(the use of g.parser and a template.ui should make this task relatively
easy)

I was wondering if you considered the adoption of modern OpenGL based
rendering system.

"

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Anna Petrášová
<kratochanna na gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought this project would be about using the
>current rendering system and focusing on rewriting to qt plus
>refactoring of the current code because that alone is a lot of work
>if you are not familiar with the current codebase. Better rendering
>could be added later on. But I think Ondrej is open to suggestions.

Exactly as Anna said. My primary object is rewriting to qt. It means that it
depends on the time and my works, primarily I want to develop something most
similar to current project, just in Qt. Now I'm just personally exploring
your ideas (vispy and datashader) and if everything goes well, I can try it.
But it's just additional goal (but very attractive).

Best, Ondřej

"

"