[GRASS-dev] Added i.landsat8.swlst in grass-addons

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:10:46 PDT 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
wrote:

> -        The k-flag (keep current computational region) is invers to GRASS
>> standards. Maybe better to switch the behavior?
>>

> Not sure.  It's kind of related to the #1 mistake everyone does, forget
> setting the right region extent.  So, I'd thought of letting the module
> operate on the whole scene.

Then really all GRASS modules should be changed.

> Do we have a reference for this ("GRASS standards") or you
> mean the "common" behaviour of most modules?

No. Perhaps we need another Submitting page on Trac or perhaps just adding
a best practice to the main Submitting page.

This particular thing should be also somewhere in the user documentation
(which obviously should be followed when developing a new module). It seems
that g.region man page uses outdated terminology and doesn't do a good job
on describing this behavior. Anyone, please contribute a better text.

Vaclav