[GRASS-dev] Spatial vector selection by another vector without creating a new vector

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue May 17 14:21:40 PDT 2016

Hi,

given following workflow:

- Polygon vector A, line vector B
- Spatially select those polygone in A which are e.g. touched by some lines
in B
- open attribute table, view entries selected by step before
- update some columns of the selected entries

as this workflow is available in mostly all modern desktop GIS, I couldn't
find a smart way in GRASS GIS to do this.

any hints are welcome.

If it is not implemented, should I open an enhancement ticket because it is
a common needed workflow?

-----
best regards
Helmut