[GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 25 00:34:50 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> at this point we are ready for creating the releasebranch_7_2 .
>>
>> If there aren't any urgent objections, I'll do that later today.
>
> Done: Changeset r68500
>
> grass/branches/releasebranch_7_2
>
> Cheers,
> Markus
>
> PS: if you have a SVN copy locally, no need to download again if it is
> 7.1.svn based.
> Simply switch to the new branch, see
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN#Switchtherepository

Pro tip:

If you are like me crazy about file timestamps (if you didn't realize, I am
maintaining the file timestamps of last change in the release tarballs for
10+ years while SVN does not support that) , try the following hack:

# locally clone from former trunk
cp -rp grass71 grass72_release
cd grass72_release
svn switch https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_2
# ... now all timestamps are ruined!
# gonna fix them now!

# move 7.2's .svn/ elsewhere:
mv .svn /tmp/
cd ..
rm -rf grass72_release
cp -rp grass71 grass72_release
cd grass72_release
# reinstate the real .svn/
rm -rf .svn
mv /tmp/.svn .

# revert back the files which are now ahead of relbranch72
svn status
svn status | grep '^M' | cut -d' ' -f2- | xargs svn revert
# trash garbage
svn status | grep '^?' | cut -d' ' -f2- | xargs rm -rf

# now it is clean but better double check
svn status
svn diff
svn up

# done