[GRASS-dev] new addon: v.faultdirections

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Nov 7 01:25:31 PST 2016

Moritz Lennert wrote

>> maybe some issue with the matplotlib backend?
>>
>> see
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.width.funct/r.width.funct.py#L46
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.hypso/r.hypso.py#L52
>>
>> where I've added some lines that it works also on windows.
>
> Thanks Helmut ! I've just committed the same. Could you try if that
> makes it work ?

https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86_64/addons/grass-7.3.svn/logs/

it compiles now also on windows.

a quick test with

v.report map=test at user1 option=length
cat|vazimuth|length
1|244.950779|9348.35400342
2|221.312441|9951.01054944
3|199.83213|9730.81864487
4|175.322582|9600.70580563
5|141.98849|3207.86482835
6|94.698681|2123.01170046
7|277.507347|3772.31624213
8|285.610989|2051.88943075
9|71.113913|1169.71795667
10|78.146996|2419.67219737
11|90|2231.6347053
12|164.298026|7512.31179866
13|213.13561|7509.69092987
14|241.484453|8406.23126945
15|247.890552|7014.05058479
16|251.482848|6388.22365365

v.faultdirections map=test at user1 column=vazimuth
C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python27\lib\site-
packages\matplotlib-1.3.1-py2.7-win-
amd64.egg\matplotlib\cbook.py:1711:
VisibleDeprecationWarning: using a non-integer number
instead of an integer will result in an error in the future
  result = np.zeros(new_shape, a.dtype)

some matplotlib warning, but a nice polar barplot is created.

polar barplot  polar barplot
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5294559/figure_1.png>

but I get an error when using

-a    Use absolute values in legend, instead of percentages

  v.faultdirections -a map=test at user1 column=vazimuth
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\hkmyr\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons/scripts
/v.faultdirections.py", line 100, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "C:\Users\hkmyr\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons/scripts
/v.faultdirections.py", line 87, in main
    labelradii = [x for x in np.arange(0,
int(np.ceil(max(radii))), labelstep) if x > 0]
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero

-----
best regards
Helmut