[GRASS-dev] svn instructions needed

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Nov 26 06:04:50 PST 2016

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question about mergin between branches.
>
> In the course of the work on #3210 concerning r.texture [1], MarkusM and I
> have repeatedly modified the html man page in trunk. I would like to merge
> this back into the other branches. Do I need to individually merge all the
> different commits, or can I just copy over the finished version of the html
> file ? What is better in terms of svn history ?

Current best practice in case of *HTML* pages:

copy over the entire file if you want everything to be taken over (or
use e.g. "meld" otherwise).

Then a commit mesg like this:

svn ci -m"r.texture manual: sync to trunk (rxxx, ryyy, etc)"
raster/r.texture/r.texture.html

Like this anyone can look up the individual modifications.

Markus

PS: in case of C or Python source code backports this script is better:
grass-addons/tools/svn-merge.sh