[GRASS-dev] t.rast.out.xyz not exporting all cells in the computational region

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:53:37 PST 2016

Hello devs,

I'm using the add-on t.rast.out.xyz to export my raster time series to a
csv file. Here's my region definition:

GRASS 7.3.svn (latlong_wgs84):~ > g.region -p
raster=A20133052013312.L3m_8D_CHL_chlor_a_4km_arg
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      38S
south:      55S
west:       70W
east:       55W
nsres:      0:02:30
ewres:      0:02:30
rows:       408
cols:       360
cells:      146880

By running t.rast.out.xyz I would expect to have a file with 146880 rows
(number of cells) and columns = the number of maps registered in the raster
time series plus x & y coordinates. The latter works, I get the expected
number of columns. However, the number of rows is much lower than expected.

GRASS 7.3.svn (latlong_wgs84):~ > t.rast.out.xyz strds=cla_monthly_average
| wc -l
 100%
Space time raster dataset cla_monthly_average exported to -

12891 << -- less than 10% of the region!! No mask applied.

I observe the same behaviour when I vary the region size and also, when I
export to a text file. Is this the expected behaviour? Am I missing
something?

Thanks a lot for any advice/help!

Cheers,
Vero