[GRASS-dev] t.rast.out.xyz not exporting all cells in the computational region

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 30 05:26:28 PST 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> AFAIU, to activate the NULL export in r.out.xyz is then a trivial change,
> but we do not know which letter to use as flag because -n is already used to
> indicate the opposite behaviour (?). Is it too difficult to change default
> behaviour to export NULL values and keep then, the -n flag as in r.stats to
> not export/report NULL values?

While this would make sense, it is a kind of API change for r.out.xyz.
The question is: where is it already used, and, would a "no data"
floodin in the output be an issue.

Honestly I was surprised to see that no data is excluded by default,
quite the opposite behaviour as we usually have.

best,
Markus